Here is an idea for an app that struck me on the walk to work this morning.
What if you could guarantee a playlist that lasted the perfect amount of time, door to door, without fiddling around with your music for ages?
- Fire up the Perfect Timing app, and tell it that you’re about to start your walk to work, or school, or wherever. Start the timer.
- When you get there, stop the timer. You can play whatever music you like during this process, this is just calibration.
- You can move onto the playlist phase immediately, but the more you time the journey the more accurate it’ll be overall.
- Once you give it the all-clear, the app searches your music, cross-checks against the time of the journey (say, 15m 32s) and fills that duration as neatly as possible in a custom playlist
- It tries to order them in a sensible way based on genre, but…
- It also allows you to drag and drop them into any order you like
- If you have enough songs, it creates multiple lists based on genre or artist
- It will shuffle these playlists until/unless you pick one, or pick an order for them